Directions and Ingredients
1 oz butter
¼ cup chopped shallot
½ cup Bordeaux red wine
1 sprig thyme
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 cup demi glace
4 oz diced beef bone marrow
2 heads black garlic
6 Idaho potatoes
½ pound pâte à choux dough
Small amount truffl e oil
For the steak:
- Cook steak to desired doneness.
For the Pomme Dauphines:
- Bake potatoes in oven at 375° F
- Rice the potatoes
- Add equal weight of pâte à choux to riced potatoes
- Roll into balls and freeze for at least an hour
- Fry at 350 degrees for 3 minutes
For the Black Garlic Bordelaise:
- Carmelize shallots in a saucepan; reduce heat to low; add marrow and wine and cook until juices are slightly syrupy. Add veal demi glace, return to a simmer, and cook until reduced by half and sauce is lightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Strain sauce and season with pepper.
- Cook 2 heads of black garlic with quarts of bordelaise. Reduce by ½ and blend.